View Composer Fault: VC operation exceeded the task timeout limit set by View Composer
View composer does not provision View Desktops
Error Message: View Composer Fault: VC operation exceeded the task timeout limit set by View Composer
To resolve this issue, modify the vCenter Server task timeout value in the SviWebService.exe.config file.
Stop the VMware View Composer service.
- Navigate to the installation directory for VMware View Composer. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware View Composer\.
- Create a backup of the SviWebService.exe.config file.
- Open the SviWebService.exe.config file using a text editor.
- Locate the entry:
<VirtualCenter PropertyCollectorTimeout="60" />
- Change this entry to:
<VirtualCenter PropertyCollectorTimeout="60" VcTaskTimeout="90" />
Where 90 is the value in minutes. In this example, 90 is the maximum time that may be required to complete the cloning operation.
Note: From a View Composer perspective, VcTaskTimeout does not have any upper limit and, therefore, can be any value.
- Save and close the file.
- Start the VMware View Composer service.
- If provisioning is disabled, ensure to re-enable it.